Glam Girl volume and waves
Say ‘HELLO YOU’ to Glam Girl at Saks. If you love being polished to perfection – think A-listers Christina Hendricks and Helena Christensen – this sassy hair look is for you.
Our Hair Expert Luke Pluckrose says: “Glam Girl is a fave at Saks! We created it in homage to special-occasion dressers who love working wow-factor volume and waves into their everyday looks. Secrets of this style? Ask your Saks stylist to pair a heavy fringe and deep curved parting with vibrant colour.
HOW-TO ACHIEVE GLAM GIRL VOLUME AND WAVES
- Wash hair and apply L’Oréal Tecni Art Volume Lift from roots to ends.
- Tip head upside down and dry roots to pump up the volume then set damp hair in rollers from mid-length to ends.
- Use the ghd Air hair drier on a low setting so it doesn’t mess the hair. Take rollers out carefully but don’t brush out, add a deep curved parting.
- Take a circle section at the crown and gently backcomb hair to create lots of volume, with less at the front for smoothness.
- Brush mid lengths and ends out. If hair is too curly keep brushing gently until you achieve your waves.
And the lowdown on the super-styling hair products we used to create this look…
L’Oréal Tecni Art Volume Lift: All the lift a girl needs right at the the roots with this coveted spray-mousse. Creates height for super sexy and stylish hair.
L’Oréal Tecni Art Hollywood Waves: Glamorous red carpet curls steal the show every time. Channel the secrets of the A-Listers with must-have shine and superstar softness.
ghd Air Hairdryer: You’ll fall in love with ghd Air. Provides the perfect fusion of ghd design and salon power for a salon finish every time.
Perfect finishing touch for Glam Girls? Has to be Essie’s Tart Deco nails. That’s #pinktomaketheboyswink!
Christina: Pictorial Press Ltd/Alamy